"Dispensation" is a Bible Word! (Updated)

      For all the critics who say dispensationalism was invented by J.N. Darby, I have bad news.  You are wrong!  Dispensationalism was "invented" by God, and it was revealed by Paul writing under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit in the King James Bible. 

 

     To make it easy here are the KJV Bible references to the term "dispensation:"

     1 Corinthians 9:17- For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a      dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.      

     Ephesians 1:10-That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all  things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

     Ephesians 3:2- If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to youward:

     Colossians 1:25- Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

 

     Another accusation of those who oppose dispensationalism is that dispensationalists "divide" up the Bible.  This statement is made as a criticism, but it is actually a complement.  This will come as a shock to some, but God commands believers to "divide the Bible."  When believers rightly "divide" it is a good thing!

     Again, to make it easy, I will give you the verse in the King James Bible:

     2 Timothy 2:15-Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

     Why do you never hear any of the critics of dispensationalism complain that Calvinism was invented by John Calvin?  

No comments:

Post a Comment