Charles Welch and Dr Peter Ruckman Agree on Possible Timing of the Formation of the Body of Christ

   As I have been reading through "Things to Come" I have become aware of some very interesting things about E W Bullinger.  After Bullinger moved to the "Acts 28 Position" he started allowing a man named, Charles Welch, to contribute articles.  Welch is well known as a "hyper" Acts 28er.  While reading the April 1910 Things to Come article entitled, "Heaven Itself," I found out Welch believed the one body of Christ, to quote Welch, "...potentially, was formed at Calvary---although its manifestation was deferred until the setting aside of Israel, as recorded in Acts 28."

  Dr Peter Ruckman also taught the Body of Christ was formed at Calvary (see his Bible Believers Commentary on Ephesians 2 for details).  Of course Ruckman was not an Acts 28er in that he teaches that the Body of Christ was revealed shortly after Paul got saved.  To my knowledge Ruckman never claimed the title, but many would call him a "Mid Acts Baptist."

   What I find amazing is that most of  the traditional Mid Acts people will not even consider the possibility that the Body of Christ could have formed before it was revealed.  I am not sure I agree with Welch and Ruckman on this, but I will consider and study this issue further.

No comments:

Post a Comment