Smart "Rear End" Grace Believers

      I would have used another word for "rear end" in the title of this blog post, but some would have accused me of cussing if I had done so.  At any rate I want to address what I see as a problem among some grace believers.  In their actions and words they often come across as arrogant and "smart rear ends."  This is not how our Apostle Paul told us to conduct ourselves.  He states in Col 4:[6] "Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man."  Unfortunately many grace believers I have witnessed speak with all salt and very little or no grace to season it.  

     I will give an example of one being a "smart rear end" grace believer.  I heard a grace preacher once speaking of the truth that we have already been blessed with all spiritual blessings in Christ.  This is certainly a true statement and I rejoice in it!  However, I heard him speak of some worker at a grocery store telling him to have a blessed day when he finished shopping.  I don't remember exactly what he said he told this employee, but he implied that this person was "stupid" for telling him to have a blessed day since he was already blessed with all spiritual blessings.  A better response would have been to thank this person for wishing him a good day, and maybe explain to this person the spiritual blessings that can be had in Christ. 

     You see the truth of the matter was this grace preacher was so "smart" that he actually showed his "back side" when it comes to both practical matters as well as doctrine.  He implied that he thought it is wrong to tell people to have a blessed day or to try to be a blessing.  Practically speaking we should always greet people with an attitude of blessing rather than cursing.  Our Apostle, that this grace preacher claims to follow, told us to "bless, and curse not" (Rom 12:14).  Paul actually teaches that even under grace there are physical blessings we can still experience.  He states, "I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive" (Acts 20:35).  

     Unfortunately many grace believers' testimony is "curse, and bless not." 

No comments:

Post a Comment