Ruckman's Commentary on Hebrews

ruckman commentary on Hebrews from www.amazon.com

      I am in the process of reading Dr Peter Ruckman's commentary on Hebrews for the second time.  I read it many years ago.  Dr Ruckman understands that the book of Hebrews was written to "Hebrews" and not the Body of Christ.  Dr Ruckman does make practical application to the church in the book of Hebrews when possible.  My major disagreement with Dr Ruckman on Hebrews is that he teaches Hebrews is aimed at the Hebrews in the early part of the book of Acts i.e. through the stoning of Stephen in Acts 7.  I would say Hebrews is aimed at "Hebrews" all the way to Acts 28, since I believe God offered the Kingdom all the way up to the end of the book of Acts.  While I believe the Kingdom was offered all the way up to Acts 28, I also believe Paul preached the mystery of the one Body of Christ before Acts 28, so both programs (Kingdom & Mystery) operated in parallel for a time during the book of Acts.  Although I don't agree with Dr Ruckman on this issue, I do recommend his Hebrews Commentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment